I hate it when there doesn’t seem to be an answer resolution to the problem, just a way to work around it. It makes me feel like I have simply duct-taped over a problem and I am going to regret it later. That said, I was able to get the OS installed.
I downloaded the ISO again on a different system and verified the MD5. I put that on two different new flash drives, using two different utilities – Unetbootin and Startup Disk Creator. I tried both drives in different USB ports on the server. I even reset the BIOS settings and set it to failsafe default just in case it was an issue with something I had configured incorrectly. I also tried running the little script on a different console while the OS was installing. Nope, Nope and Nope.
I had using CD and DVD discs to install the operating system. And the PXE server at this shop is a mess I don’t want get started on just yet. So, I went ahead and burned it to a DVD using Brasero and was able to install the OS without any issues.
I had to install the KVM server anyway, and I am going to have to document that before Monday so I might as well document that here for anyone who is interested.